genec
genec

Bikes: custom built, sannino, beachbike, giant trance x2

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13659 Post(s)
Liked 4,532 Times in 3,158 Posts
Originally Posted by skijor
If you have a fatty, then I can understand wanting a pump that can put out more volume. I do not currently own a fatty or even a MTB. But this new Bontrager has that capability. I hope it performs well for the long haul. The Topeak was meh compared to other pumps (Specialized and Park, for example) I'd used. The Bontrager bike computer and helmet I bought in the last few years are a step up in user-friendliness and value compared to other brands I've had over the last two+ decades of cycling.
I actually have several bikes, all with different requirements. I even have skinny rims with sewups on one bike those take about 120 PSI. I have a beach cruiser that takes about 35 PSI in real fat tires with schrader valves... and my current most often used bike is a full suspension trails bike with fat tires that take about 60 PSI and use a presta valve.

So, wide variety of needs there.

The old T handle pump worked quite well for something like 20 years or so... but I left it out in a lot of rain and it just isn't working right these days. I had pumped up my tires and just leaned the pump against the house and forgot it. Later, needing to top off the tires, I remembered where I left it, grabbed it and started to pump it and it squirted water... Uh Oh. I hung it upside down for a few days to drain... but now, months later, it just isn't quite working.

I may see if I can open it and repair it. I know I can put a new hose and head on it... that part IS threaded.