Old 05-08-16, 06:12 PM
Wylde06

Bikes: Cannondale Six13

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked 58 Times in 21 Posts
Ann Arbor Velo Club Spring Training Series, C race cat 4/5

Same course as last week. Going into this race this past week I havent ridden as much as I would have liked, been very busy at work..but on the plus side I was nice and rested for it.

They blew the whistle and this time I made sure to not drift to the back like I did last week. Stayed in front 1/3rd just trying to keep an eye on things. One of my teammates (who doesnt have a kit yet) took off on the 2nd or 3rd lap and another team mate started to chase him down..not knowing he was with us. After towing the field up everything was together again and I was still sitting right where I wanted. At one point, I found myself at the front again and was rotating with 2 or 3 other guys. A lap or 2 after, on the back stretch everyone basically sat up..so I got on the front and then pretty much soft pedaled on the front for most of a lap. Not sure what was going on, but apparently 20 or so minutes into the race everyone needed to rest. Coming in to the last couple laps things started to pick and I found myself in a not great position. Last lap I tried getting back towards the front but the wind had picked up making it hard to move up on the downhill with everyone hauling..passed a few guys in the sprint and thought I came in around 10th or 11th.

Apparently there were guys we were lapping right as we finished because I ended up coming in 7th.

Todays race felt a lot harder than last weeks..and looking at the numbers they agree. 240ap/272np vs 230/260 last week.

https://www.strava.com/activities/569916401/overview

Then for laughs I sat in the back of the B race and promptly died.

https://www.strava.com/activities/569916416

Im feeling pretty good with how im racing right now after these last 2 weeks, especially considering ive never done well on this course. Makes me feel much better about the omnium weekend im doing in 2 weeks. That weekend will be a 3 mile merckx TT friday night, circuit race saturday, and a crit sunday.

Not counting club races, this is the first time in the 5 years ive been racing (this is the start of year 5) ive been active in a race..and its pretty awesome. Need to keep this momentum going and stick to my workouts and not fall in the trap of just riding to ride (like Ive done most years..) I told myself at the end of last season that I need to go into this season the same way I ended last season and really work on upgrading by the end of the year.

Last edited by Wylde06; 05-08-16 at 06:16 PM.