Old 10-19-18, 08:56 PM
CliffordK

Mentioned: 217 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18382 Post(s)
Liked 4,515 Times in 3,355 Posts
A tandem bike, of course, would allow you to hold the bike upright while your wife gets on and off, and might be overall safer to ride.

There are cheap "Pacific Cycles" tandems for around $200, I think. Or, they periodically pop up on Craigslist.

I think there are a few Step-Through tandems. I have a Gitane tandem which is a "Mixte".

Bike Friday tandems, of course, have low top tubes.

Originally Posted by groverdill
THAT is exactly what I need! Of course, seeing that makes me wonder if I remove the trikes front wheel and fork assembly, could I fabricate something similar to the way that thing hooks up to the front bike? Hmmm.......
If you want that Portland trike, I assume it can be disassembled for shipping. Of course, that would also mean reassembling. But, it would be cheaper than buying new.

I'm not in Portland, but I may be able to facilitate. Or there are other Portland members.

Many adult trikes have an idler pulley system that allows a simple exchange of idler hubs to change gearing. I can't tell if that Morgan trike has that option. So, outfitting it to be really comfortable (and safe) to ride might be a bit of work.

Given some time (and expenses), I could probably do some moderate fabrication.