View Single Post
Old 09-22-20, 01:23 PM
Chandne

Bikes: 2022 Moots RCS, 2014 BMC SLR01 DA Mech, 2020 Santa Cruz Stigmata, Ibis Ripmo, Trek Top Fuel, Specialized Levo SL, Norco Bigfoot VLT

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 464 Post(s)
Liked 182 Times in 118 Posts
Reviving a weeks-old thread. I am still thoroughly enjoying my Creo SL and got carried away...bought a Pivot e-mountain bike as well. Mountain biking has always been my primary passion and it has totally changed my regimen. I ride way more, though I keep it at lower setting so I never completely forget what suffering (long climbs) feels like. As I got older, those 3,000-4,000 ft days got less and less enjoyable on the MTB. At 51 now (and a new first-time dad) I felt I had to ride more to stay healthy but also did not want my high HR and irregular heartbeat to cause a scary event. Plus, the suffering is less fun now. I think e-bikes are going to be huge. If we are lucky, most on them will be regular road/gravel/mountain riders in the past and know the etiquette and handling skills. I think that is the key to be gracefully accepted into the respective communities. To that end I also (when on an e-bike) tend to not get competitive or try to pass a strong rider or someone really working hard. I slow down and enjoy the scenery for a while. That's just me. My highest modes almost never get used but I sure ride more with a lower HR and lower suffering.