Old 04-12-21, 08:14 AM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10969 Post(s)
Liked 7,495 Times in 4,191 Posts
Originally Posted by Illgot
I ride a gravel bike and my pedals are crank bro with the metal teeth. I can't really wear bicycle shorts and don't want my knees to lower legs exposed because those teeth slice through my skin and snag clothing too easily.

Any suggestions for a light pair of cargo bicycle pants that will protect my legs and work well with cycling?
- use SPD pedals. there is 0 reason for a foot to slip off the pedal on a gravel bike.
- if you keep the platform pedals, learn where your foot should go on the pedal to ensure it stays in place.
- shin protection?...its overkill for how you ride, but apparently your feet cant stay on the pedals so maybe it isnt overkill.

Look at Kuhl pants. Most arent cargo, but they have a couple cargo if you really need those flap pockets. The others have multiple storage pockets even if they arent technically cargo pants. The Renegade is a quick dry fabric thats really strong and feels light. The Revolvr fabric feels closer to traditional cotton but is quick drying.