View Single Post
Old 06-21-20, 01:11 PM
rholland1951

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 534 Post(s)
Liked 1,753 Times in 893 Posts
Took the Rawland on a little ride around the Battle Green this morning, before breakfast and before the heat settled on us like a brooding hen. The streets were pretty close to empty, of cars at least.

Of bikes, there were a few more. After I made one more saddle-height adjustment, a few of them stopped passing me.

Signs carried by marchers in yesterday's Activate Arlington demonstration wound up, by prior arrangement, on the fence in front of the Arlington High School construction site. The phrase "establish Justice" popped into my head as I rode past...

After that, everything I saw got tagged with one of the desiderata from the Preamble to the Constitution. I think this one got "ensure domestic Tranquility" at the time, but it might just as well be "secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity" or "promote the general Welfare".

And, of course, there's always "provide for the common defence"; the framers didn't capitalize that one. I guess it wasn't an establishment yet.

It's been a long time since I've taken a morning ride. More of those to come, I think.

rod

Last edited by rholland1951; 06-21-20 at 01:22 PM.
Likes For rholland1951: