Old 01-27-19, 09:57 AM
DowneasTTer

Bikes: 2022 LiteSpeed CHEROHALA CITY, 2019 Canyon Roadlite 9.0 CF LTD, 2015 Giant FastRoad CoMax 1, 2001 Mongoose Pro Triomphe,

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked 84 Times in 50 Posts
Originally Posted by hokiefyd
I noticed something related to that. Your wife's bike uses the smaller wheel size, yet it seems like they kept the chainstay length the same. Her bike has much more space between the tire and the seat tube than your bike does. I might have expected them to shorten the chainstays to go with the smaller wheels, to keep a similar feel to the other sizes in the range. I wonder why they kept the longer stays...if they had a specific handling/geometry reason for that size frame, or if it's simply because they could then use a similar rear triangle carbon mold as the other frame sizes.
Yes I can see that is possible problem down the road if the 650B rim sized doesn't make the inroad into the road market as it has the MTB market. I suspect Canyon uses a similar carbon mold as I have rad that Giant is the frame maker for Canyon. It appears that if you look at other Canyon cycles the same occurs in there respective XS frame sizes...... chain stays similar lengths to their 700c brethren.