View Single Post
Old 02-16-20, 01:30 PM
DQRider 
Old Boy

Bikes: Mostly 1st-generation, top-of-the-line, non-unicrown MTBs/ATBs: All 1984 models: Dawes Ranger, Peugeot Canyon Express, Ross Mt. Whitney (chrome), Schwinn High Sierra, and a 1983 Trek 850.

Mentioned: 134 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 984 Post(s)
Liked 1,715 Times in 611 Posts
1984 Dawes Ranger Resto-Mod: In-Process

I actually took this photo for another thread, but it fits this one as well. I've gone as far as I can on this until Spring comes and I can do my shakedown rides. Call it a "rideable mockup":

I did a 1x10 conversion on it, and I actually had to buy extra links for the new chain, as it wasn't long enough to fit this wheelbase! I mounted a porteur-style handlebar upside-down on the stock slingshot stem. The beat-up headlight in the photo is just a place holder until I find something more suitable. The fenders need adjustment, of course, and I will probably have to make a new bracket for the front. It will get bags front and rear, with a saddle-mounted bag support out back. I won't be mounting racks on this bike - those compound curve wooden fenders need to be visible. Kind of a stylish, all-roads city bike, I guess.

Roulez pour la joie, jamais pour la douleur.

USMC 1981-1991 Semper Fi!
Likes For DQRider: