Old 02-16-20, 01:57 PM
Ballenxj

Bikes: Diamond Back Apex, Mongoose IBOC Aluminum Road Bike, SR road bike

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 515 Post(s)
Liked 167 Times in 116 Posts
Originally Posted by DQRider
I actually took this photo for another thread, but it fits this one as well. I've gone as far as I can on this until Spring comes and I can do my shakedown rides. Call it a "rideable mockup":
<-------->
I did a 1x10 conversion on it, and I actually had to buy extra links for the new chain, as it wasn't long enough to fit this wheelbase! I mounted a porteur-style handlebar upside-down on the stock slingshot stem. The beat-up headlight in the photo is just a place holder until I find something more suitable. The fenders need adjustment, of course, and I will probably have to make a new bracket for the front. It will get bags front and rear, with a saddle-mounted bag support out back. I won't be mounting racks on this bike - those compound curve wooden fenders need to be visible. Kind of a stylish, all-roads city bike, I guess.
You'd better get those fenders adjusted Mister. One of my pet peeves. All kidding aside. that's a great looking bike, with touches that make one think of yesteryears classics.
A question for you, are those wood fenders made from bamboo? Also, I imagine the extra links were due to the larger size of the rear ten speed cog?
As an aside, will you put a Red led flasher on the rear? I try to not go anywhere now days without one. I always note how far back I am when I see one. IMO, they make you way more visible day or night.