Old 08-21-19, 02:05 PM
Daniel4

Bikes: Sekine 1979 ten speed racer

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1481 Post(s)
Liked 639 Times in 437 Posts
Originally Posted by Skipjacks
Because it's dangerous to cede the right of way.

First off, it puts the slower bike in front of the faster car. That's just dumb.

Second, it prevents everyone else in the area from knowing what is about to happen. We have standard road rules and known rights of way rules for a reason. Its so when you pull up to an intersection you have a pretty good idea what everyone else near the intersection is going to do. Or at least what they should do and in what order. When you break those rules, suddenly no one knows what you are doing and you have created a dangerous situation for yourself.

The people who encourage this are called Niceholes for a reason. They mean well, hence they are nice. But their actions are inherently dangerous, hence...well you get it now (I hope)

No one wishes ill upon these people. We just want them to stop trying to circumvent the right or way rules.
Well, I'm guessing that those cyclists who blow through red lights and stop signs (lecturing the rest of us that they know hoe to do it properly), would be the last people who would criticize niceholes.

Unfortunately, on occasion I would be forced to become a nicehole on a bike by other cyclists.