View Single Post
Old 08-21-19, 03:16 PM
metalheart44

Bikes: Holland Exogrid & Holland HC

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

I'm just about packed and ready to ship via BikeFlights to Minneapolis where we are visiting a friend for a couple of days before heading off to northern Wisconsin for some family visits. I plan to ride a couple days in Minneapolis and a few days in Wisconsin. It will be different than where I ride at home -- northern California. I borrowed a friend's well-used Trico Iron Case and it is relatively easy to pack, just remove the bars, take out the seat post, loosen the stem, take off the rear derailleur. Then wheels go on top of a piece of foam that covers what you see in the image below, and then the top of the case goes on last. I had to improvise spacers for the fork and rear dropouts using my skewers and some extra parts from my work stand, but it works fine. None of the local bike stores had any spare spacers to hand out or purchase. For the next trip I plan to get an Orucase or Post Transfer Case and fly with the bike. For this trip, it was just more economical to ship the bike both ways....