View Single Post
Old 11-29-20, 03:45 AM
trekmogul 

Bikes: Salsa Beargrease XX1, Trek Eqnuinox 9.9 SSL, Trek Madone 6.9 ,Trek District Carbon, Trek Boone7, Trek Fuel EX9.0,Trek Fuel 9.5, Trek Rumblefish Pro, Trek Remedy 9.9, Trek Equinox7, Trek District Belt

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 578 Post(s)
Liked 82 Times in 45 Posts
Originally Posted by Bassmanbob
I love my Dinotte Quad Red light. I routinely have it set for the four quick flashing mode during night or day riding, and it has given me at least nine hours on that setting without shutting down. It's the one cycling electronic device I have that is rock solid reliable. With the exception of a few vacations, it has been used three to five times a week for the last 5.5 years. No problems ever! It's also bright as hell. I'm not only concerned with how far it can be seen, but I also want to gain the attention from someone who is looking down at their cell phone. While I don't know this for sure, I think the flashing brightness of this device catches the corner of someone's eye who is looking down at their cell phone while driving.

I recently wanted to purchase the Varia, but considering I've had problems with my Garmin 820 Bluetooth connectivity with my iPhone, I'm gun shy about purchasing this device. I'm concerned that it will somehow lose it's connection with my Garmin computer. My Dinotte is "dumb" but it's reliable.

This thread has me reconsidering the Varia, but my experience with my Dinotte Quad Red is reliably simple joy.
I own about 6 of this model above for my bikes here in states as well in Sri lanka and it would be difficult to show me a more well built powerful tail light... It is BRUTAL...