Old 06-03-14, 09:26 AM
buzzman
----

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Bishbike
Wow, thanks guys for all of the great reports and pics!

After a weekend of making music, and driving many miles to do so, I was able to get back on the bike today.

Did the same route that I did last Monday. 55 miles. Lots of climbing. Managed to add .3 mph to my average.

Mega Great Brook - Belmont, MA

Took my usual detour into the deCordova sculptue park, and witnessed a new istallation going in.

Thanks for those pix!

It takes a certain discipline to do the DeCordova** diversion for me, especially if I'm pushing the pace to add a bit of .mph to the ride. But it's always worth it when I do because it's like stepping into another world and it slows me down in the right way.

Stopping to take the couple of pix I take on a ride feels that way as well. Most of my rides these days are solo and I go at my pace and I seldom stop. It's often a good idea to stop and smell the roses as a reminder that I am not in the TDF or attempting to set a PR on every ride.

We just installed solar panels on our roof out here in the Berks and all I could think about on my ride was how much energy we were producing on this sunny long June day. Turns out it was substantial. So now on these sunny day bike rides I feel like some other part of me is getting work done at home while I'm out riding.

Jim From B- "enchanted" is just the right word for that road. It cuts through Beartown State Forest and it was my destination back in the early 1970's when I would throw a tarp and a sleeping bag on the back of my road bike and come out to the Berks to hear music at the myriad of venues out here. That road and campground are timeless for me. Though the dappled road is tricky because it conceals some pretty deadly frost heaves and potholes especially on the steep descent so again, I am forced to slow down and I love every minute of it.

** Just took a second look at that exhibit and realized why it looks familiar. I'm pretty sure that exhibit was last in NYC along the West Side Highway bike path just south of the Chelsea piers. I was riding by it every day just over a year ago. I'll have to swing by to pay homage.

Last edited by buzzman; 06-03-14 at 09:40 AM.