Old 07-18-14, 06:55 AM
Allegheny Jet

Bikes: confidential infromation that I don't even share with my wife

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by gtrob
How close to your peak power do you guys find you can push on standing starts? Ive been doing stands about once a week and am pretty consistent with it, but that doesn't mean I am doing them well. A poor golf swing never gets better if you practice it poor. Anyway, out of curiosity, how close does you peak power come to your peak standing power at the start? FWIW Im finding I push around 80%
I use a Stages PM and load it on Power Agent. I don't know how often the data updates but I can use that history to compare peak power numbers from other work on my road bike. When I do a standing track start I see the power build quickly with it getting close to peak in about 4" then staying high until I transition into seated, then into aero position. I have been working on the transition phase as my power drops about 10-15%% through that phase, however the cadence continues to build which is a good thing. During starts my 5" PP is 3-6% under what I might be able to do sprinting on my road bike up a short roller while OTS. I don't think so much about the highest wattage achieved but the best 5, 10 and 20" peak power.