View Single Post
Old 12-10-18, 07:14 PM
TiHabanero

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1726 Post(s)
Liked 1,350 Times in 705 Posts
Recollections of a colonoscopy

Well, Dr. Thickfinger went up the ol' discharge chute and found nothing more than a few small polyps. Same as last time. This is what I observed while there:

Money, lots of money in this business. 4 docs pumping them out for 8 hours a day. I recommend this as a career field. The place ran like clockwork. Every 15 minutes someone was called into the bowls of the building, and someone was rolled out with a dazed look on their face. Lots of money to be had in this line of work.

Safety in sterilization was the first and foremost thing on my mind. They have machines that sterilize the "wonder hose", but it does make me nervous thinking that some guys inners could be left on that thing as it goes up the ol' wazoo.. Boy oh boy, that thing is really long!!. 4 ft is what they told me. I shudder just thinking about it.

The nurses and docs are very jovial people. I asked if the "wonder hose" was cleaned often enough to protect cross contamination. The response totally dead panned "Every five procedures." I responded in like with "I expected at least every other." We had a good laugh about it. I asked the doc and nurse if they felt like peeping tom's. They just smiled and knocked me out. I took that as a firm "yes".

Fentanyl is unbelievable. I don't smoke, do dope, or drink, but I tell you what I now know why people get addicted to this stuff. I have not slept that good in a decade at least! Wow! Waking up with the headache afterwards is not so nice, but who's complaining after sleeping that soundly. I did tell the nurse to go easy with the stuff. She didn't listen.

Will I do it again, No. I'll be 70 next time around. and I'm not interested in getting to 80. Nor am I interested in the raw bottom from the prep solution!