gobicycling
Made it to 84 WHOOPIE

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked 493 Times in 153 Posts
Good news

Good News

Sometime back I wrote about a devastating diagnosis of me, Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis - a progressive disease leading to less and less lung function, and eventually death within a few years. I have been assured in writing from the UCHSC pulmonary doctor that this is what I had and to accept it.

However, I never had a single one of the symptoms of IPF, and I referred myself to National Jewish last year. I kept doing better on my Nat Jewish breath tests and my "6 minute walk", etc. I have also increased my exercise - bicycling, swimming, walking, weight lifting, stretching - and can measure my progress regularly.

So, today, I got the word from a very nice doc at Nat Jewish that it was most unlikely that I have IPF Instead, I have Dendriform Pulmonary Ossification (bone material being deposited in my lungs) - a very, very rare condition - may 200 folks in the world - including, amazingly, apparently my older sister.,

The good news - DPO really has no significant effect on performance, etc. and we can ignore it.