Philasteve

Bikes: Surly CreamRoller. 98 Giant Rincon. SE UVT

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by 996
Hi All,

I have an older Motobecane Track that has done well for me over the last 6/7 years. It's a basic frame, but I sure do feel the sluggishness. I still have the basic wheels which have recently been serviced (greased the bearings) and they run decent. Have a pair of risers and some 700x28 Panaracer Gravel Kings on there.

I want to upgrade the cranks as I will be getting a new bottom bracket, but not sure which set I should go for. The bike is cheap, so definitely trying to stay away from a SRAM Omnium or Sugino 75. Does anyone have any experience with Sugino Messengers? Andal cranks? I'm also worried about throwing off the chain line kind of...

Would be cool to get 144BCD for around the $100 range. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.
I've been using Andel's for like 7 years good cranks, the 110mm Andel BB is only like 20 bucks too or you could get the Shimano UN55 also 20 bucks and comes with a 110mm spindle. And of course there's nicer BB's out there, but if you don't need anything fancy they'll work.