View Single Post
Old 03-28-20, 12:09 PM
bike_tom

Bikes: 2022 Trek Checkpoint ALR5, 2014 Cannondale Trail SL1, 1983 Fuji Royale II

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked 585 Times in 240 Posts
I got out early today and rode the MM from East Arlington to the Bedford Depot. It was fairly quiet on the way out, a bit busier on the way back, especially approaching Arlington Center. I did my best to maintain the 6 feet, but it was just not possible with some folks, like the 3 women jogging side by side who acknowledged my "on your left" with a thank you but did not give way at all. The few folks at the Depot were keeping their distance. I hung out for a bit at the bench on the trail near the railcar. I have to say, people were friendlier than usual. Every rider who passed by while I was there, maybe 8 or so, said hello. So that was nice.

No food vendors at the Depot today (actually, I don't recall ever seeing one there):

The Lexington visitor center is coming along:

I believe they are/were planning to open it this Spring.

Automobile traffic is so down now that I rode almost the whole ride without having to unclip at intersections. I have to say that I am enjoying the quieter, slower paced life many of us are living now. If only we could have that without the threat of mass illness, it would be great. (I realize many folks are are suffering to due lack of work, etc - I don't mean to minimize that.)

Anyway, stay safe out there.
Likes For bike_tom: