View Single Post
Old 04-04-20, 12:56 PM
denada

Bikes: '07 jamis venture race, '19 trek fx sport 4

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked 34 Times in 22 Posts
check out what the guy did with the trek 700 he bought from me ...

the process...
Spoiler

he changed everything but headset, wheels, chain, and rear derailleur. new breaks, new drivechain (1x at that!), new handlebar (dropbars), new tires (my tires were awesome for city riding; he is using it for some sort of gravel racing now), new rear shifter, new pedals. right now, the saddle and seat post are the same, but he said he plans on changing them. the parts are on order.

he did a good job. it looks awesome. he said he's not selling it; he's keeping it for himself. because the frame fits him perfect. it's a good frame. 90s were the golden era of bike frames. his name is ernesto and his company is kuma bicycle company and his personal bicycle project website secret stash. he deserves credit for such great work.

yesterday was its maiden voyage after the conversion. i hope he keeps on liking it. even though i was not the original owner, i put over 1k miles on that bike and a lot of work into it. happy to see it live on in a new and fun form.

the before ...

above has the original tires and shifter on it. i had changed to slick wheels and replaced the shifter because it broke ...

how do you do the quote that only shows the top but then fades unless the user clicks? can't believe this site still uses vbulletin.

Last edited by denada; 04-05-20 at 12:19 PM.