View Single Post
Old 03-30-20, 10:05 AM
squirtdad

Bikes: Kirk Custom JK Special, '84 Team Miyata,(dura ace old school) 80?? SR Semi-Pro 600 Arabesque

Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2338 Post(s)
Liked 2,822 Times in 1,541 Posts
ok top three no pic of first 2

1. A coast to coast schwinn 26" clone, 1 speed, candy apple red, $36 or so, bought with communion money and savings. rode it everywhere (firecracker stand, tastee-freeze, creeks for fishing, berry hunting. My first boys bike, learned a lot of maintenance how to's from my dad on this one.........my youngest brother ended up welding a hitch to it and used it to haul a trailer with his lawn mower in it

2. An azuki 10 speed. my first 10 speed (i had a columbia 3 speed but this was different) rode it everywhere, even 20 miles to the next town to get tacos. I remember when buying this one ($160 or so....a good portion of my summer surgar beet hoeing money) that there was a $400 fuji with sewups.....I wanted so badly. This bike went with me to the coast guard and got ridden in newfoundlanc, bermuda, bahamas, florida, and NYC

not the bike but pretty good pic of similar

and my current top bike

3. 85 team miyata with 5800 105 components, great mix of classic and modern, rides fast and light. only thing to do is maybe get some new wheels and put tubies on it and it is pretty even with modern gear (IMHO)

Likes For squirtdad: