Old 11-10-17, 07:05 PM
jordibeard

Bikes: Bianchi Volpe Disc

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by autonomy
Oh yeah, absolutely. How was your experience taking the bike on the commutter rail?
No issues. We planned it so that we'd be on a relatively empty, off-peak train. Would be an utter pain in the ass on a rush hour train, if they even let us on with bikes. The conductor was nice enough to let us store our bikes in a closed train car.

Originally Posted by rholland1951
Sounds like a great ride! Definitely counts.

Jordi, what route did you take?

rod
Didn't really plan it out at all ahead of time. Rode from Harvard Square through Newton to meet a friend in Dover, then more or less watched the sun and guessed which way was south until we hit the RI border. I'd never biked in Dover— ended up on a few gorgeous farm roads. It was a blast to do a ride that didn't loop back for once. Really felt like we were covering territory.

I've been out riding the past few frigid days. Did a nice loop out from Cambridge to Needham yesterday. Learned my lesson and bought some winter riding clothes this morning. This evening it felt like i was going to blow right off the Mass ave bridge too! Was hoping to do a ride out west of Boston this weekend... but I think it might be just a bit too cold