Old 02-20-18, 11:33 AM
mr_bill

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2112 Post(s)
Liked 663 Times in 443 Posts
Originally Posted by mr_bill
From yesterday.

OK, I want to like this, but it’s hard to. My first time since they’ve reopened the lane.

I actually rode quite a bit faster than I should (do not try this at home!) but was just trying to keep to typical Amsterdam path speeds rather than road speeds, just to see what it was like (traffic was light and only one person walking), and yes trash day makes this worse, and it’s still not done.

But the hydrants and utility poles and concrete driveways conspire to make for a slow descent. Even with shoulder checks, the transitions at some intersections are awful. A couple of surprise we’ll dump you here you figure it out moments too.

Beacon St Somerville

Is Somerville trying to out do Cambridge (our fair city) MA in stuff that should be good, but is far from it?

(Faux pas of the fountain vent on 2nd and main, the slalom course in North Cambridge.)

-mr. bill
Update. Do you want the good news or the bad news first?

Bad news. Highly efficient job of blocking bike lane *AND* crosswalk:

GREAT NEWS. The pub is part of the solution not part of the problem. They've got a few flex posts that are helping with the "parking" problem outside R.F. O'Sullivan & Son:

(Still not loving it, but catch them when they are doing incremental good things too.)

-mr. bill