View Single Post
Old 07-07-18, 09:45 PM
AbiliTTV

Bikes: Schwinn Voyageur 1988, I had many Schwinn bikes all ten speeds, road bikes, and some Raleigh bikes as well. One GT, some huffy models MTB's mainly.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Homemade from scratch Handcycle Done

Update - Handcycle lDone.

Thus was made using no:
Plans
Diagrams
Videos
99.99% No help from anyone else.

The one area I did get help with was truing the front wheels.They had a tow out of over 2 inches closer to 3 inches. While visually they appear to be zero tow our. Due to the camber of the front wheels.

Now they are 1/16th of an inch or less to each other.

​​That was a huge help.

No welds as of yet. And, so far knock on my forehead it's holding together.

Gearing:
11 speeds 46t Shimano M8000 Rear Cassette.

The rear wheel was an upgrade to accommodate the cassetes. Original wheel only had 7 speeds.

Chain - Five individual SRAM 11 speed 114 link each. Combined roughly 15 feet long.

Rear Mech: Shimano Deore long cage and mid cage.

Shifter - rear right hand side. Modified Shimano Deore XT thumb or flick shifter.

Cables - Jag wire

3 ring hand crank.

Wheel size 26" x 3

Front end width: 51" Outer fork to outer fork.

With the pulley support front end and the flags she is a whooping 9 feet long. 7 feet from steering U joint to back of rear tire, no rack.

The seat is an all steel tractor seat. I designed it to be supported by a spring in such a way to avoid cutting off the back of your thighs.

Seat back is a weight bench, bench cushion. The frame of the bike is from the same weight bench.

​​​​​​3 Mtn bikes help make the steering possible and the rear end.

Steering us based on the Ackerman design.

Does not lean when turning. But, self rights itsself.

So much fun to ride.

Last edited by AbiliTTV; 09-25-18 at 11:14 PM. Reason: Update - Handcycle is Complete.