View Single Post
Old 10-13-18, 07:45 AM
AbiliTTV

Bikes: Schwinn Voyageur 1988, I had many Schwinn bikes all ten speeds, road bikes, and some Raleigh bikes as well. One GT, some huffy models MTB's mainly.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks

Not yet tried those. Will look them up.

The brakes were soft from wire stretch. I never used new wires before. Now I can stop a tank woth the brakes.

I will be looking into the upgraded brake pads for even better stopping power.

Had a steering column support failure nearly. The double U joint allowed the peddling force to slowly fatigue the support piece. Thankfully I did reinforce it, buy not enough.

Solution was to lock the upper joint in the needed position so much less back and forth movement. And, adsed two straghtened large heavy duty L brackets to each side of the support. Bolted it down at the bottom with 4 sets of grade 8 bolts.

To maintain strength for the upper portion as holes did not align, I used a total of 6 hose clamps, extra strong ones. They pull and squeeze the flat L bars against the back of the support column so it looks nearly identical to the original desogn.

Power from arms to rear wheel have increased at least 25%. Steering control improved by over 30%.

Front support movement reduced by 99%. Had no idea how much it moved to start with.