Old 09-30-07, 01:32 AM
Dalai

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Cmon guys, play nice!

Just to clarify a few points -

bvfrompc - Shultang directly translates to 'circuit' via babel fish translation from German. All I can gather is Shimano Sante (groupset back in the day) had either aero levers or brakes, though I have a set in the shed of both and don't appear more aero than usual unless they had another version.

ranger5oh -Front aero wheel has a greater time gain than the rear in every study I have seen, even if the rear wheel is a disk - as the front wheel faces clean air. The Aero helmet is definitely a worthy tool and valuable in the arsenal of go fast kit especially for the price but not as beneficial as wheels.

Disk on the front. Not legal for road as far as I am, aware and the uci rules (though I did recently see some pics from the Italian TT championships where a rider did have a front disk!?) or tri's (rules explained above by ranger5oh).

Aero Helmet better than aero wheels - Brief article was published in bicycling magazine with a comment about the value of aero helmets vs wheels from a guy from M.I.T.S. As asgelle has already said (though in a 'tone' which usual causes tension) the comment was based on 0 degrees yaw which isn't a realistic test given wind directions fluctuate considerably. So as soon as the wind starts to angle the aero benefits of the wheels improves considerably over the lid.

Last edited by Dalai; 09-30-07 at 05:35 PM.