Thread: MKS pedals
View Single Post
Old 08-06-20, 08:40 PM
Salamandrine 

Bikes: 78 Masi Criterium, 68 PX10, 2016 Mercian King of Mercia, Rivendell Clem Smith Jr

Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2317 Post(s)
Liked 597 Times in 430 Posts
Originally Posted by JohnDThompson
My experience is that MKS pedals tend to ship with the bearing adjusted on the tight side. Loosen the cone a smidge and they'll be fine.

N.B. the dustcap takes the same wrench as Campagnolo, Gipiemme, Ofmega, and others. The MKS version of the dustcap wrench is quite affordable and better than mangling the caps with a pliers or other crude implement.
+1 Many manufacturers adjust pedals and other bearings on the tight side. They don't want Joe Blow complaining to the bike shop that the pedals he just bought a couple months ago are "loose or something, they must be ruined!"

It is always best to adjust properly to start, and then readjust a month or so later once they've had some time to wear in.

For an alternate opionion, I really liked the VO toe straps, and normally I despise laminated toe straps. Good quality buckles and they are very comfortable when cinched. I didn't notice any particular difficulty in getting in compared to a christophe etc.