View Single Post
Old 03-10-21, 12:26 PM
Wattsup

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 376 Post(s)
Liked 40 Times in 35 Posts
Originally Posted by adamrice
I have not used it. It seems to be like Training Peaks, but interactive, and with some AI mixed in. The idea of a "smart workout" does not seem all that controversial. I don't know exactly how they implement it, but here's my guess: suppose your training plan calls for you to ride 4 x 8 min @ 105%. Each one of those intervals can have a training stress score calculated for it—let's say it's 20 TSS each. If you're sandbagging an interval a little bit, this is probably saying "Wattsup needs to get up to 20 TSS for this interval, but at this rate will only be at 18 TSS after 8 minutes, so let's keep going until we hit 20."
Revisiting this thread…..

I’ve spent a good deal of time with the program. There’s no Ai involved. They appear to be using an algorithm to essentially do what one would do manually using Trainingpeaks and the PMC chart. One big pitch is “No more FTP tests, ever.” It’s misleading in that one does need to do maximal efforts from time to time. Their FTP predictions for me seemed off. All in all, I didn't see that Xert could do anything that Intervals.icu couldn't do, and Intervals is free, and in some ways, superior to Xert. YMMV

Last edited by Wattsup; 03-10-21 at 12:43 PM.