Prosody
Are we having fun yet?

Bikes: Fuji Roubaix, Trek 7200

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DnvrFox
I thought there might be some interest in a thread such as this. If not, it will go the way of all threads - just die away.

So, here is my first contribution.

Some questions:

Please tell us your age.

1. What type of bikes do 50+ folks ride?
A Trek hybrid I bought when I was 48, and a Fuji Roubaix--Fooge 1.75--I bought when I was 49. The 1.75 means that the bike is almost Fooge 2.0--the only original parts are the derailleurs, the cranks, bottom bracket and chainrings, the brake/shift levers and cables, the brakes, the stem and the bars. The Ritchey wheels gave out in July, and the frame went out of alignment, discovered in August.

2. Do you take any special supplements/vitamins/minerals as you have grown older?
Just a multivitamin.

3. How much do you feel you have "slowed down" if any?
Considering that, at 48, I hadn't ridden in about 15 years, I'd say I've sped up.

4. How long have you been biking? New, around a while, biked all your life?
Lived on the bike as a kid. Bought a used bike boom ten speed when I was in college and rode it all over the place. The bike gasped it last breath about the same time my oldest child gasped his first; money and time went to children for many years.

5. What type of biking do you do? Long rides, touring, short rec rides, commute, tour, race?
The only race I do is the Tour de Donut. I don't eat many donuts, but I also know I won't come in last. I try to ride several days a week. On weekday afternoons I ride at least ten miles, and usually no more that 20 miles--that's all time will allow. On at least one weekend morning I will ride between thirty-five and fifty miles. I'd commute to work, but that would mean I'd have to leave the house at 5:30 a.m.

6. How often do you bike? Your approximate annual mileage?
See above. Last year I rode about 3300 miles.

7. Do you do any other type of physical activities - weight lifting, skiing, running, etc.?
I work out at the YMCA when the weather is too cold and wet or when my wife, who does not ride, convinces me to accompany her.

Perhaps you might indicate your age on your reply??
A few minutes older than when I started answering these questions.