Old 04-05-18, 08:16 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4361 Post(s)
Liked 4,002 Times in 2,671 Posts
I would visit your local bike shop that has an account with QBP. They can get you the Dimension 26" Mountain Fork 1" Threadless 260mm Black which is made of Chromoly Steel and rather decent for the price. They have 17 in stock within their company and your shop can get it in and help you install it as well.

I am probably going to end up with one for my early 90s Klein MTB (though threaded) since it is a reasonable price and chromoly steel vs cheaper pipe steel or aluminum. Granted I would love an old Judy or something but the Klein head tube is massive so finding a threaded 26" suspension fork that will fit and is in good condition and not through the moon is tough.

I could also suggest going custom. There are plenty of builders out there that might jump at the chance to make you a cool fork. It won't be cheap but if the bike is cool and it might be worth it plus you can get braze ons and stuff and run anything cages and racks and stuff and do a sweet ****** olde schoole adventure bike.