Old 10-15-18, 10:36 AM
Rock71

Bikes: Fuji Gran Fondo 2.1 and Scott Sportster P45

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by velojym
I have a problem with support from ...loved ones... usually getting an eye roll when I talk about improving my life/health/etc. Once this happens, my spirit deflates.
Intellectually, I know this isn't good, but somehow, my family have a huge impact on my attitudes, and it seems that anything I do for myself is just whimsy, and not to be taken seriously.

If I let this continue, I won't make it far past 50.

I started, this week, tracking my food intake, and avoiding the unhealthy stuff it's so easy to scarf down when bored or even just a little hungry.
I joined a gym, Planet Fitness. Nothing special, but it's not too far away, and it's cheap... and clean.
I'm going to hook up a stationary trainer in my office, with a work computer in front of me, standing desk over the handlebars. This will give me three working positions in my office: Standard executive chair, comfy armchair, and a pedal workstation. I know I won't be able to spend much time on the saddle at first, so it's good that I'll be fully functional for work from any of the three spots.
Looking at Healthwage. If I put a few bucks a month into it, I can walk away with well over a grand (or close to two, if I work it right). I'd thought about targeting this money toward a nice road bike, when I've gotten back to a weight in which capacity isn't so much an issue... but I don't need to spend it on that. Jake is waiting for me. Anyway, the site has been around for a few years now, and appears to be legit.

I've gone from 351, a week ago, to 344.6 this morning. I know, just starting out, this isn't that big a deal, but it's a start. I'll ride when I can, but I need to get some longer exercise sessions than I can manage on a bike right now.

Jake and me, back in '02...
6lbs in one week is great. Make a plan, stick to it and prove them all wrong. All the time being as nice as pie. You should be the only one deciding the future of your health and no excuses will do if you are to succeed!!!