Old 12-21-18, 01:03 AM
ericzamora
junior

Bikes: 2020 Surly ECR / 2018 Norco Search XR steel gravel bike with GRX / 1983 Bianchi Campione D'Italia / Gary Fisher Wingra / Motobecane Nomade mixte (daughter's)

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 11 Posts
Originally Posted by EdwinHeadwind
Kona manufactures and ships their bikes in fairly small batches throughout the year, so they rarely end up with overstock, especially in the popular sizes. You might get lucky and find a dealer who has one on the floor, but that can be a tedious process. Calling Kona would be the best way to find out.
Personally, I think it's too late, with 2019 models already on floors, but if the OP preferred last year's color over the current seafoam for that specific model, i'd suggested checking Kona's web site for dealers in the state and start making phone calls.

I imagine Norco is similar. They produce small batches, and the 2-3 batches were quickly sold out throughout the year. I got lucky, my local Norco dealer still had two sizes in the previous years' color, which i loved, but did not like the upcoming 2019 colors. So i grabbed the last in my size last month. It had been sitting there for months, with prospective buyers dropping out as i waited. Yeah, i missed out on the 2019 upgraded hydro brakes, but it was worth it to me. Plus he knocked off $400 for being a last years' model.

So it's possible. A tedious route, to be sure

eric/fresno, ca.