View Single Post
Old 04-16-19, 07:54 AM
jamesdak 

Bikes: Paletti,Pinarello Monviso,Duell Vienna,Giordana XL Super,Lemond Maillot Juane.& custom,PDG Paramount,Fuji Opus III,Davidson Impulse,Pashley Guv'nor,Evans,Fishlips,Y-Foil,Softride, Tetra Pro, CAAD8 Optimo,

Mentioned: 156 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2323 Post(s)
Liked 4,988 Times in 1,776 Posts
Originally Posted by burnthesheep
I am disappointed. I came in to this topic expecting to hear cruising mid 20's and climbing at 18+.

Pretty sure the middle school gang of boys that cruises the greenway behind my house looking for fun/trouble goes that fast.

I'm out.
Originally Posted by Skipjacks
Good for you, power legs.

There's a crossfit class letting out somewhere that might want to compare workout stats with you. You guys have fun.
LOL, well in @burnthesheep defense. I'm with him and I'm not the fastest around, just another old, fat man. But a typical normal daily ride is 25-27 miles over varying grades with an easy avg pace of 18 mph and a hard pace that'll sneak over 20 mph. Yet I get passed often enough around here. I'd not consider the mentioned speeds by the OP that fast either. Not meaning to offend, just being honest. Still great story and one we've all experienced and can relate too. It really doesn't matter the speed. There's always someone faster.