Daspydyr 
Pedals, Paddles and Poles

Bikes: Santa Cruz Tallboy, Ridley Noah, Scott Spark 20

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1233 Post(s)
Liked 69 Times in 58 Posts
Originally Posted by sputniky
And I have had people that are completely oblivious to a bell that is repeatedly rung mere feet from them. A bell is not a panacea.

In the OP's story, he wasn't hit. How would a bell have made a difference? The OP wasn't "run down," but was obviously startled. If the OP was on a multi use trail he should have had an expectation that he was going to encounter other trail users, including people on bikes.
It isn't an either/or scenario. It is both and. No one is hurt, so the ending is good. AND, a little earlier warning is always nice.

I have been on both ends of this type situation, on dirt and MUPs. Courtesy on shared trails is a premium. I like it when my heart is racing, but mainly because of the effort I am putting out. When I have to fly into life saving mode in a nano second, my anger goes with it. Also my shame. When I am flying inappropriately and surprise people needlessly, I know it was my fault.

I can't even find my bike when I'm on drugs. -Willie N.
Likes For Daspydyr: