View Single Post
Old 11-15-16, 06:59 PM
caloso

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac, Canyon Exceed, Specialized Transition, Ellsworth Roots, Ridley Excalibur

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2952 Post(s)
Liked 3,106 Times in 1,417 Posts
Originally Posted by InTheRain
I guess I have to get my rant on. Riding on the MUP, I come upon a dog walker where the dog is not on leash. I slowed. The dog turned in toward me. I slowed more. The owner said, "don't worry, she isn't aggressive." The dog ran ahead of me and as I accelerated the dog turned again right into me causing me to quickly stop and nearly fall over.
I got going again, and yelled back at the owner, "dogs aren't allowed to be off leash on the trail."

She yelled back, "F-U." I turned around and asked, "What did you say?" She said, "You heard me!"

She yelled at me to "move to California where my type belong."

I said, "the rules of the MUP are posted at the trail head 200 yards away... go read them."

She insisted that there was nothing wrong with what she was doing as she got her dog back on the leash. I questioned her, "If there is nothing wrong with it, why are you carrying a leash and why are you putting the dog back on the leash?"

People know they are in the wrong, something happens, and they turn around are belligerent and rude to everyone else that actually follow the rules. Maybe it's time to stay off this MUP. It's beautiful but it seems to attract an unstable crowd. Last year, a cyclist was threatened by a knife wielding maniac. Last week a man was attacked with a machete. Lots of homeless live along the MUP that are trashing the area. A great community asset is turning into a liability.
As a Californian I'm wondering exactly what this means and whether I should be offended or flattered.