View Single Post
Old 06-08-20, 12:01 PM
rpenmanparker 

Bikes: 1990 Romic Reynolds 531 custom build, Merlin Works CR Ti custom build, super light Workswell 066 custom build

Mentioned: 109 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6556 Post(s)
Liked 58 Times in 36 Posts
Originally Posted by datlas
It can be done, for sure. I know several formerly "serious" cyclists who have stopped riding for various reasons, usually health or not wanting to take risks.

That said, I also know of plenty of cyclists that choose to continue to ride into their 70's, so it's a personal decision.
My biggest issue lately has been riding on Houston style hot/humid days and feeling really crappy after about 15 hard miles. Light headed, soaked, even disoriented. I could do it for 10 miles without a lot of trouble, but that's when I started asking what for. It's one thing to say a winter day is too cold, but if you can't cut it in the summer here, no sense to it. It is mostly summer. The walking is really working for us.

On that subject I should mention my daughter gave me an Apple Watch 5 for my 72nd b'day. What a great exercise tool. And the ability to take ekgs is just astounding. I was visiting with my cardiologist by phone a while back, and he asked if I had the watch so he could see my ekg. That is what prompted me to get it. I have a friend who keeps track of his afib with it. You can double click on the file below and see one.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
ECG 2020-05-21 13_13-0500.pdf (196.9 KB, 10 views)

Originally Posted by LAJ
No matter where I go, here I am...
Likes For rpenmanparker: