View Single Post
Old 08-21-19, 07:11 AM
T-Mar

Mentioned: 654 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4722 Post(s)
Liked 3,036 Times in 1,874 Posts
Originally Posted by calxes9
Hi folks, I'm kinda new to this and hope I'm posting correctly. I'm asking about my Bianchi 61cm pearl white frame (w/o fork) sold to me new-in-box as a “1994 Reparto Corse” by the Frans Fietsen shop, Tilburg Netherlands in 2007:

Serial number is A442. Columbus EL tubing, chrome stays, unbranded near-vertical dropouts, internal rear brake cable, internal rear derailleur cable, half-chrome front derailleur hanger, cast engraved Bianchi BB shell with reinforcing tangs and raised “B”s on both sides, “B” engraved in head tube/down tube lug, “Bianchi” engraved in brake bridge, no pump peg on head tube, race number tab brazed underneath top tube near front. No Reparto Corse decal, no World Championship decal (they were included in the box).

Unfortunately I'm not allowed to post photos yet. Does the SN signify anything? Maybe 1994 and Reparto Corse are correct? I haven't seen the pearl white often, is it unusual? Thanks!
There's no doubt that it is a legitimate Bianchi frame that was manufactured in 1994. The one thing that is curious, is that it lacks the Campione del Mondo sticker typically found on 1994 models and located on the top of the down tube, between the head lug and shift lever bosses. I don't known is this represents a possible repaint or not, as I'm not as familiar with the European models.