Old 03-25-21, 06:20 AM
jajacek

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix SL3, Specialized Tarmac SL4, Specialized Chisel

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Our Fuji frame finally arrived. Now I have to fit it with a crank. I have been advised Rotor Alhu with 144 BCD. Not sure about crank lenght. He has extremely long lengs. 90 cm inseam. He prefers 170mm on the road, and that's what we planned for the track. Though not sure if it is right choice. He is able to generate very high cadence, close to 200. If necessary, we could potentially buy Power2Max NG Eco for it.

I've read one of your posts carleton, where you have written, that you observed that you're not getting any advantage going over 140 RPM. This is the kind of data we have to analyze. To choose optimum gearing. My son is not taking part in any sprinting events. But he may try Kilo. His coached tested him recently and he did 1:07 not giving it 100% and on sub optimum equiopment and 51x13 gearing, that he felt was too hard. His main events are going to be individual pursuit and elimination race. But he will take part in Omnium, Scratch and Point Race as well. Might be selected for team pursuit as well.