Old 12-03-12, 04:15 AM
jerseyJim

Bikes: Surly LHT, Wabi Special, All City Big Block, 1933 Iver Johnson Mobicycle, Giant TCR Advanced

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Most importantly ride the bikes. Make it clear that if you cant test ride the bikes you wont buy. Go out of the area if you have to. Then buy the bike that fits you best and is the most comfortable. Stability? Salesman baloney to try to sell you a bike. Internal routing. Not important IMO. Components. The sirrus probably has a wider range of gears. Not important unless it is hilly where you ride. Is it flat where you live? Consider single speeds. Light and simple to maintain. Also consider steel. Surly crosscheck is an example of a great steel bike with some style that is ideal for commuting and fun to ride. Whatever you decide enjoy your new bike!

I looked up some of your other posts and I see you live in Spain? Why aren't you considering the Orbea Carpe? If I was in the market for a flat bar commuting roadish type of bike that would be at or near the top of my list. My local bike shop has one on his floor and every time I go in it catches my eye.

Last edited by jerseyJim; 12-03-12 at 03:17 PM.