View Single Post
Old 01-06-20, 10:44 AM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by rydabent
I never really thot about the wobbling and scratching around untill a few years ago when I rode our ride of silence. Sitting lower, and watching and listening to DF riders take off from a stop light was kind of funny. Yes they do wobble around while they are scratching trying to get clipped in.

I ride various kinds of DF bikes, all with platform pedals. I invariably get a better start off a traffic light than someone who has to clip in. While they do exhibit a little wobble on the starts, it's never enough that I think they're in danger of "tipping over".

Also, a little side-to-side motion is something you can use on a DF for leverage on the pedals--it's a pretty efficient way to start under some circumstances.

Why do you always seem to frame this as a DF vs. whatever thing? Much better to extol the virtues of the kinds of vehicles you're espousing than trying to convince people they aren't really enjoying their DFs. If people are having problems with their DF, chances are excellent that they're fully aware of it.