Old 05-10-20, 09:17 AM
JustinOldPhart
Junior Samples

Bikes: '74 Eisentraut, '94 Univega Alpina Pro, KLR650, R1200RT

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked 54 Times in 27 Posts
There are points on a bike that represent 'proper fit', and 'proper fit' is not an absolute single solution. It is such that the points' dimensions have a tolerance that accommodates your chosen riding style.

What is in between those points is almost immaterial (beyond it being a Huffy). I fitted my bike in 1974. The major component, the frame, is still there, but the gruppo has changed several times.

If your bike fits well, is comfortable, and you can ride well, and you are happy with your riding, you don't need a new bike. You may need a new bike if you want to change your riding, say from long, comfortable, moderately paced rides to a more intense and faster-paced riding experience.

The most important criteria are that life is too short to ride a ****ty bike. If you want a new bike and have the means, do it. Don't hesitate. Be happy. No matter your age, the window is closing. You cannot put off having the bike you want for your next life if you catch my drift.

You say you are old; I'm pretty sure I have a Lambertini jersey that is older than you are. Perspective.
Likes For JustinOldPhart: