Old 07-02-20, 10:24 PM
CaptainPlanet

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by rosefarts
No, the weld won't work.

If you absolutely must have a front disc (forget about rear) then something like this will work. https://www.ebay.com/itm/264088134040

You'll lose suspension but I doubt you'll notice.

Still, you're ignoring the best advice here, get those v-brakes working like a charm. I think you're obsessing over something new when just tuning what you've got is enough.

People have managed to stop in water for the last decade. You don't need discs.

You paid $100 for it, it's not worth much more than that, don't break your budget over it. The original brakes are just fine.
I keep wanting to modify it because I really think this is going to be the definitive bike for me with its scratchless frame, almost complete set of Deore 3x8 speed groupset, sr suntour air fork, insanely decent mid rang specs that I have never experienced until now.
I was thinking of buying another okay bike that runs 27.5~29 inch tires and disc brakes but worse groupsets, and then swap the deore groupset onto there and then sell off the 26" bike, but so far I haven't had any luck
So instead I decide to put 27.5 tires (which I found to be compatible) and disc brake (mechanical, just the front) onto there so I can fulfill my vision of what an ultimate bike is like to me and call it a day. All my recent threads on this subforum are about working toward this.

Last edited by CaptainPlanet; 07-02-20 at 10:34 PM.