View Single Post
Old 12-01-20, 01:37 AM
lwylie

Bikes: 2007 Bike Friday NWT

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Leisesturm, maybe we'll cross paths in Portland, as I live in NE myself :-) I'll keep a lookout for a bike with a BoB Yak locked up outside. Bob Yaks are cool (seen them often when touring), but don't have room for one in my living room next to my bike. One of these days I'll get around to making a bike shed. The Travoy takes up a lot less room. And aerodynamics aren't my primary concern when biking around town doing errands.

Another appeal of the Travoy is it can function as part of my Bike Friday "travel system".... small enough to take when I travel by plane (in theory anyway, haven't tried it yet). About once a year I fly out of state to attend to my rental property. It's in a city where going places by car is really a hassle. As is shlepping stuff by public transportation. Yet while there I often need to get and transport bulky home improvement supplies. On my last trip I found myself thinking "gee, if only I had my bike and a trailer!". So that was another motivation (excuse) to get the Travoy. Now I'm eager to take it and my Bike Friday on my next out of town trip.