Old 06-18-20, 06:22 PM
Pop N Wood

Bikes: 1982 Bianchi Sport SX, Rayleigh Tamland 1, Rans V-Rex recumbent, Fuji MTB, 80's Cannondale MTB with BBSHD ebike motor

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 668 Post(s)
Liked 529 Times in 355 Posts
I wiped out once due to a freewheel letting loose under power. Riding along, came out of the saddle to pump, next thing I know my chest is on the bars and knee scrapping the ground. It was 5 AM and pitch black, I had no idea what was happening, just me weaving all over the road with telephone poles and fence posts flashing in front of the headlight. I finally steered for the ditch and went off the far side of the road. If traffic had been coming the other way they would have hit me.

Bad thing is I had no idea what happened. Wasn't until 2 weeks later when crossing an intersection that the freewheel slipped again. Threw that wheel away that day.

I still have a visual from when I was a kid of my brother riding down the driveway and popping a wheelie. Up goes the front end, off comes the front wheel than races out in front of him. Still remember the look of terror on his eyes before he hit.

Good times