View Single Post
Old 04-06-21, 06:59 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4359 Post(s)
Liked 4,001 Times in 2,670 Posts
Originally Posted by FelixScout
I hit a sizable branch on a hardpack trail and instead of being a bump over it jammed the wheel and I went over. Not something I would normally do but it happened.

As for the bike, what is wrong with it? It is something multiple LBS have tuned up and never said anything was wrong other than being old.
It is an old bike made of cheap steel that has been in at least one significant impact and is being used to haul a child around with one of their parents. Do you really need to say more than that? If I was a parent and this happened I wouldn't want to continue riding that bike. If it were something of value maybe I would give it a close inspection but a dime a dozen gas-pipe frame not at all. If I had special attachment to it I would use it as decoration like a wall hanger but I wouldn't want to carry myself much less my child.
Likes For veganbikes: