View Single Post
Old 07-26-18, 11:14 AM
01 CAt Man Do

Bikes: Mountain bike & Hybrid tour bike

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
In the end you got what you basically wanted, a light that lets people see you and lets you see when needed. These are likely using a Chinese version of an XPE emitter which gives the slightly bluer/colder tint. No it doesn't have super long throw but it does let you see where you are going. The lamp does have a hot spot very similar to a torch. If it doesn't have the throw of the Moon version likely they used a different optic and/or emitter setup. Like I said in the other thread, these are not something that a seasoned cyclist would want to ride at night with but given the choice of having no light and one of these, one of these will get you home and let you see where you are going. My biggest complaint is that I don't like the cold tint of the beam.

I'm surprised that you don't seem to think much of the rear light. For something that they are basically giving you for free I feel it does a very good job. I've seen some really cheap low output rear lights on the bike of a lot of people who ride at night. I'd estimate the brightest output mode of the Blitzu rear light ( circular COB array ) is about 40 lumen and that's enough in most situations to get you seen. I've seen people riding with less.

Anyway, summing up; This is a half decent light for someone who only wants the bare minimum when it comes to a bike light, aren't willing to spend over $20 and aren't going to ride over 12mph. This is why I said in the other thread this is something I might buy for a child who only is going to ride no more than a few miles at night.