Old 07-27-18, 01:05 PM
01 CAt Man Do

Bikes: Mountain bike & Hybrid tour bike

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by taz777
@VegasTriker: It's interesting to see a disassembled Blitzu. TBH, the one I have looks great on my blue hybrid so it's going on that and the black Moon Meteor will be transferred to the new bike.

It's somewhat frowned upon here in the UK to have very bright lights on bikes as there's enough street lighting in urban areas.

I used to have a Lezyne Deca Drive 1500XXL which was brutal! However, it annoyed and dazzled anyone who saw the light, even though it was pointed slightly downwards. Cycle paths are often shared with pedestrians/runners/dog walkers so cyclists need to be aware of this in terms of the brightness of their lights. Thus, I prefer lower-powered lights just to be seen.
The Moon Meteor is interesting in that it also offers an array of different flash modes. The thing is while highest output on steady is listed as 300 lumen, I'd have to wonder about that since the emitter they list ( X ETI-3232 LED ) I find no information on. I'm taking that means it's a Chinese emitter. While I'm sure the Chinese are beginning to make better LED's I would feel better if the LED were something sold by Cree. I'm pretty sure the emitter is not a Cree because even the Chinese are very quick to put that into the product description as it is always considered a major selling point.

Sounds like you need a lamp with a cut-off beam pattern. I bet you'd be real happy with one of the Raveman CR series. Always going to be people who think your lamps are too bright. Having a lamp with a cutoff beam pattern should help with this and still allow you to see where you are going.

Last edited by 01 CAt Man Do; 07-27-18 at 01:09 PM.