Old 03-08-20, 04:16 AM
canklecat
Me duelen las nalgas

Bikes: Centurion Ironman, Trek 5900, Univega Via Carisma, Globe Carmel

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4560 Post(s)
Liked 2,802 Times in 1,800 Posts
Facebook doesn't care about content. It's not the spicy language. Facebook doesn't like blogs using FB as a portal to sites where Suckerborg doesn't get a cut of the pie. By default FB assumes all blogs and most sites that don't pay for sponsored promos are stealing money from the reptilians who run Fakebork.

Several years ago FB also blocked Mila's Daydream, a harmless blog with adorable photos of an artist's infant dressed in elaborate costumes with sets arranged around her on the floor. The content wasn't objectionable. They were just trying to strongarm the blog owner into buying ad space.

But Facebook sucks at marketing. I don't know of a single creative person who has gotten any return from paying for Facebook professional pages or sponsored content. I know many photographers, artists, writers, musicians, etc., and not one of them has gotten any good from FB for professional reasons.

So eventually they'll just push the limits of promoting themselves via their personal pages, until they get caught and FB suspends or bans them.

You can post some ridiculously offensive content on FB private or public group, as long as the group doesn't serve primarily as a portal to an external site. Post all the utter junk you want, no matter how offensive, and FB won't care. Just don't try to make a dime doing it.

Same with videos. Steal all the copyrighted videos you like, alter them slightly to avoid the bots that scan for pirated material, and Facebook won't care. But watch what happens if the original content creator tries to use FB to promote their work.

And it takes only a single complaint for FB mods to suspend or ban a page or user. They don't bother to review complaints in any depth to determine legitimacy. So if a reader has an agenda and wants your page gone, all they have to do is report it and falsify some claim about racism, etc. But if there's actual racism or hate speech, FB won't do a thing. Seen it many times. Part of the problem is most FB mods are in other countries where they may speak English but lack a grasp of idioms, slang, etc., or lack an understanding of the context that differentiates between satire and hate speech.

FB is a bad joke. It's 4chan for old people. Only reason I hang out there is to keep up with real life friends for local cycling events.

Last edited by canklecat; 03-08-20 at 04:20 AM.