View Single Post
Old 01-02-21, 09:59 AM
sovende

Bikes: TNTL (Too numerous to list)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 184 Post(s)
Liked 147 Times in 115 Posts
I too, have been noticing that 27” tires seem to be scarce. There is online availability but prices are clearly on the rise. The type and level of my cycling activities does not compel me to seek out the “best of the best”. I want tires that are good enough and relatively inexpensive! I’ve purchased many tires over the years and many have been brands that (at least at one time) were considered “high quality”. Nowadays, the “quality brands” are not what I consider to be reasonably priced. I have a couple of pairs of the Bell “Flat Defender” tires carried by WalMart. Regional prices must vary though since the $8.96 shown in a previous post in this thread is considerably less than the $14.96/tire that I paid. I check the stock levels at my local WalMart and have found that it’s rare to see more than a pair of these tires on the display shelf. I don’t know just where these Bell (Innova) tires fall on the quality spectrum but they seem to perform fine for me. (I may be too unsophisticated to know the difference). Several of the bikes I ride roll with 27” wheel sets so I’m definitely hoping that 27” tires remain available into the foreseeable future.
Likes For sovende: