Old 08-22-15, 11:03 AM
urbanescapee

Bikes: 2011 Raleigh Sojourn, 2012 Marin Four Corners, 2013 Soma Saga, 2014 Scott Spark 940, 2017 Brompton H6E, 2016 Trek FX 7.2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I try not to be judgmental but unfortunately, my reality is that most homeless folks that I have encountered have serious mental illnesses and addictions that cause them to have very unpredictable behavior. That alone is enough for me to say that unless I already knew the person somehow, I would not even consider it.

I also share the sentiment that when I do camp, I don't want to do it around anyone else anyways. I have the same problem backpacking, you'd think that in thousands of square miles of wilderness people would have the decency to camp elsewhere. I have found though, through extensive traveling around the world, that Americans seems to be unique in terms of having access to vast wilderness to camp in. Most people that I find camping next to me in the U.S. are euro and have few spaces where they can camp in solitude back home so maybe they camp near others because that's all they know...