View Single Post
Old 06-05-19, 04:47 PM
carlos danger

Bikes: steel is real. and so is Ti...

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 216 Post(s)
Liked 24 Times in 19 Posts
seau yeah that was smug by me smug as bug in a jug!

But basically it will the be the same config as the colnago. but with cheaper and heavier parts (somehow you can't buy DA/ultegra 5 bolt 130mm stuff anymore).

Maybe i should explain my build philosophy here.

I dont need 2 hand positions, like on a road bar, to me its just 2 crappy compromises. i want 1 ultimate one. thats it.
so all bike i have built in these last 10 years they have 1 ultimate position for that bike/frame. only 1. and its built around that.

my 26 i set up for the drops only.
lunskey1 got nitto dirt drops
lynskey2 got upside down nitto north roads
colnago got TT base bars.

but all these basically position my hands in the same area at the same angle, with controls in a fairly similar position. But hey why the hell have drop bars at all when i only need the TT bars for the position??

so yeah this one will be TT bar'ed like the colnago. its just the best solution i have tired, so i do it again.

i like to try out new stuff. But i had the lynskey pro cross as test bed for everything. you dont wanna know how much cables i went through trying everything out on that bike. lol. but its ok. since i found out what was good for me with it. My dad now has it, and as far as i know he crashed it into a ditch, but is alive. that poor paint...